View Blogs in a larger map
Red - The most recent post
Blue - 2008
Magenta - 2009
Green - 2010
Purple - 2011
Yellow - 2012

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hinkey Summit

Last weekend, Jessica and I went on an ATV ride. It was my first real ride and we covered 60 miles. I think it makes me a little more of a Nevadan now.





It was like riding a laz-y-boy through the back country. The views were spectacular from some of the summits. We stopped at a cabin built way up on the side of the hill that is still used by ranchers to move cattle. It was pretty dusty.





Surprisingly there were still a lot of wildflowers at the summits. They are at 8600 feet. We were gone five or six hours and came back dust covered and a little sunburnt neck. I guess I became more of a redneck.





View Larger Map

No comments: