View Blogs in a larger map
Red - The most recent post
Blue - 2008
Magenta - 2009
Green - 2010
Purple - 2011
Yellow - 2012

Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Job

This week I started a new job in Reno! I have moved up to the state office and will be working to integrate GIS into the Nevada BLM. It's going to take a lot of work and coordination with all of the districts.

Right now it's a lot of traveling around to different offices. Monday I flew to Las Vegas in the morning and back out that afternoon (kinda felt funny to be back so soon). Then Tuesday I worked in Reno and drove to Winnemucca that night. Wednesday it was another early morning and drive to Elko and back to Winnemucca. Thursday I got up early and drove down to Reno and Friday I'm going camping in California. I haven't slept past 6 any day this week.

It will be good once I get settled in and figure out where I'm going to live. Right now Jessica is staying in Winnemucca. My original roommate in Winnemucca, Justin, is also moving on to a job in California. Wednesday we played our last softball game of the season, and summer feels like it's starting to come to an end. Now if it would only cool down for a bit.

I'm excited to be in Reno and look forward to camping in trees. It will also be easier to get to San Francisco and the convenience of an airport. So if anyone is thinking of heading to Tahoe, I'm even closer now. I can't wait for ski season!

No comments: