View Blogs in a larger map
Red - The most recent post
Blue - 2008
Magenta - 2009
Green - 2010
Purple - 2011
Yellow - 2012

Monday, June 25, 2012

Lake City to Salida

Leaving Lake City it was about 100 miles to Monarch Pass and into Salida.
The first day we went up and across Snow Mesa, then over San Luis Pass for about a 20 mile day. The next two days were up and down and I was doing over 30 miles a day. The last day it was a quick 15 to the pass and after an ice cream at the shop I got a ride from the third car that passed me.
I saw another wolf, my fourth of the trail. I was heading uphill and glanced up just to see it trotting off and grabbing a quick picture. The trail started following motorbike trails that were full of rocks going up and down every hill and knob along the way. It was full of ankle busters and was exhausting to deal with.

No comments: