View Blogs in a larger map
Red - The most recent post
Blue - 2008
Magenta - 2009
Green - 2010
Purple - 2011
Yellow - 2012

Friday, August 8, 2008

San Diego

I was lucky to get a ticket to go to the ESRI User Conference in San Diego.




I was excited to get out of the Muc for a bit and see some sights in sunny San Diego. But then on Saturday night, hours before I left, I got a call that my fire team was being mobilized to Wyoming. So I had to change plans quickly, and I scheduled to leave for Wyoming on Wednesday.



So I had to make the most of my time in San Diego. Then in flying down there, I got booted off my connection in San Francisco, so I didn't make it to San Diego till 10. Ugh. The next day was check-in and the big kick off. They talked about all sorts of improvements for the software and other things that make map people excited. They said there was 14,000 people there from 120 countries. I believed them when I got up and walked to the back.



View Larger Map


The next day was full of smaller presentations and I saw a speaker from Rwanda and met a girl from Russia, I also ran into a few people that I knew from various points of work. Tuesday night they had the Federal reception, which is always code for free party, and it did not disapoint.




Wednesday I flew up to Jackson, WY and had a pretty scenic flight, but driving down to Pinedale where the fire was, I went through a big rainstorm and it was raining on the fire when I got there. Bummer.



View Larger Map

No comments: