View Blogs in a larger map
Red - The most recent post
Blue - 2008
Magenta - 2009
Green - 2010
Purple - 2011
Yellow - 2012

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

More snow

Winter finally hit the Sierra's so I tried to make the most of it.




After so many days of skiing, the weather warmed up so I went snowshoeing. It's great to be out in the snow without all the people and machines of ski resorts. Just listening to the wind in the trees and the sound of your own breathing. It was a good day and I tried to take on Stanford Rock. I didn't find a sign for the top, but I had a long day and great views of the lake.






The weather turned nasty for a couple days, so I worked on things around town. By the time Mallory came out we had another three feet of snow and took two more days skiing. The first day we went to Homewood which has great views of the lake. There was almost to much powder for me to ski in but by the end of the day I was handling it. The next day we went to Northstar where it had snowed a foot and a half overnight and another six inches throughout the day. We were exhausted by the end of the day.





View Larger Map

No comments: