View Blogs in a larger map
Red - The most recent post
Blue - 2008
Magenta - 2009
Green - 2010
Purple - 2011
Yellow - 2012

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Boise/Reno

After getting back to Boise, I had to figure out what I was going to do next. Getting back to the trail where I left off seemed impossible, and hiking alone was getting old and trails were getting harder. I decided to fly back to Reno, get my rig and head out on the road. There was still a lot to see.
Back in Boise, Mallory worked to put some meat back on my bones. We went out with friends and did a little par 3 golfing.
In Reno they were having some kind of burning man party which always brings out some interesting folks and some neat art.
I went out with Matt (forgot to get a photo) and demolished an Awful Awful. A bottomless stomach is really one of the things I miss most about hiking.
I checked in on my house. While I was on the trail, the tenant I had staying at my house said she was hearing running water but didn't know where it was coming from. Turns out my water line had a crack in it and was leaking into the ground. So after a 3,000 dollar replacement, it was working agin.
On my way back to Boise I stopped to get a picture I've always wanted. For some reason, I have never understood, the Mountain Time Zone covers a square chunk of oregon. The line doesn't follow any other political lines, and no one lives in that area. But for some reason, that's where the time zone shifts to Mountain. So I took a photo of how weird it is.

No comments: